Hi blogosphere and welcome to todays post on self-care! Self care is something I’ve been very passionate about for a long while, it’s the art of looking after yourself. In a fast paced world where its difficult to get even two minutes to yourself its essential to make time and just a few small things can really make a difference. Listed underneath are 10 different things you can start doing that will really benefit you in the long run.
- Spa day – What better way to look after yourself than a spa day! Taking time out to have a pamper session whether at an actual spa or at home is so beneficial to how you feel and is such a mood booster. There’s no better feeling than being pampered and refreshed.
- A simple face mask – You don’t have time for a full spa day? well not to worry there’s always a 15 minute face mask to fall back on! Face masks come in a variety of formulas and can be a fun, relaxing and simple break.
- A cup of tea and a good book –I’m a firm believer that a cup of tea and a good book can cure almost anything so this is the perfect practise for a ‘self care’ hour or two.
- Buy yourself something you really want – Treat yourself to something you would really love whether it’s a new palette that you keep making excuses about or something delightful that goes against your new years diet… no matter what it is, if it’ll make you happy then treat yourself!
- Speak the truth – This is an interesting one that I actually saw somewhere months ago and love!… The key to being happy and taking care of yourself in your day to day life is to be truthful… if you don’t like something then say something its a great philosophy.
- Listen to your favorite music – Pop on your happy music, have a solo dance party and tune the rest of the world out.
- Hobbies –Have a favorite hobby? Then make more time for it! whether it’s blogging, bullet journaling, dancing or the gym anything you love to do is in turn going to make you feel good so why not take more time out of your schedule for that one thing.
- Take time away from technology – I think this one speaks for itself really take some time to turn your phone of, shut your laptop and have some you-time.
- Watch your favorite movie/TV show – Nothing quite says me-time than popping your all time favorite TV series or movie on, grabbing the popcorn and settling in for the day.
- Get together/chat with friends or friends –Sometimes all we need is a get together with our favorite people. Even if it’s just a phone call nothing can make you feel better than chatting and laughing with those we love.
Thank you so much for reading todays post! What are your tips for self-care? Hope you enjoyed and got a few ideas from it. I loved writing this one as its something I believe so much in, I’ll be back tomorrow with a new post! Have a wonderful day!