Hello blogosphere beauties! And welcome to todays post on the wonders of coconut oil! And I really do mean wonders! Coconut oil is so multi purpose that I really do feel like it should be a law that every house-hold is provided with some. I’m sure you’ve seen every blogger tell wonders of this oil but I decided today that it was simply too good NOT to do a post on.
MY FAVORITE COCONUT OIL – Cocofresh Coconut Oil (My Amazon affiliate link lovelies!)
The benefits of Coconut oil:
Coconut oil is high in natural saturated fats. These saturated fats can help increase HDL which is a healthy cholesterol in the body. But it can also help convert bad cholesterol into good cholesterols. (Which is awesome right?) Coconut oil has been proven to be a natural treatment to Alzheimer’s disease, Reduce high blood pressure and much more. But although it does so much internally. It has many other uses and benefits so lets explore them!
- Make up remover –This is the only thing I will use for my first cleanse and to remove my makeup. Simply rub the Coconut oil over the top of your makeup then using a muslin cloth and hot water…. wipe away. It really is that easy! The makeup pretty much dissolves off the face even hard to remove eye makeup! In my opinion this method is better that some oil/water based makeup removers!
- Face Mask – Staying on skin care Coconut oil can be used as the perfect face mask either mixed with other ingredients such as Honey, Lemon, Banana, Turmeric and Avocado depending on your skin type or simply smoothed thickly onto skin before removing (this is great if your skin is dry).
- Use as a body moisturizer – Coconut oil is the perfect thing to soothe and re-hydrate dry skin so using it as a moisturizer is perfect!
- To shave your legs! – Yep you read that right. You can even use Coconut oil to shave your legs! The mildness and smoothness of the oil makes for a perfect gentle shaving formula.
- Makeup Brush Cleaner –Another thing I do regularly is cleaning my makeup brushes with coconut oil. I remember the first time I did this I couldn’t believe it worked so well! Just a small amount of oil in the palm of your hand, swish the brush around your hand then rinse under water and then… bam! like new!
- Hair mask – When I do this I prefer just to apply the oil to the ends of my hair and avoid the roots so my hair doesn’t look greasy just shiny however this depends on how dry your hair is and your preference. Just leave the oil on your hair for around 15-20 minutes then rinse for smooth easy to manage hair!
- Lip Balm – Dry lips? Just pop a little Coconut oil on them before bed and wake up to chap-free, moisturized smooth lips.
- Oil pulling – Coconut oil is antibacterial and can be used to get rid of plaque by ‘oil pulling’ which is gargling Coconut oil in the mouth for around 20 minutes. Many brands do their own oil pulling products that are pretty much just the oil but flavoured to make this process a little more pleasant! For whiter teeth and healthier teeth and gums then definitely give this a go!
Thanks for reading todays post lovelies! What do you use Coconut oil for? I’ll be back Friday with another post. Hope you have an amazing day!